Haunted Places in Georgia

Haunted Places in Georgia

Cool and Fun Good to Know Insights Newsletter

There are 89 listing of paranormal societies, in Georgia, according to the National database.

7b6c124260df25912cb07bff2025dbb9
The Masquerade, Atlanta
695 North Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30308

Built 1890, was originally known as the DuPre Exceisior Mill. In 1988 it became what it is now a nightclub. Haunting reports of seeing a Black figure walking around inside the club. Band members claim amplifiers are turned upside down, horrifying screams coming from the stairs in the back. The Masquerade hostess thousands of musical acts, check the upcoming events here.

 

3f2266f06b6b6972cf7e6a5b93dffa4b

Rhodes Hall
1516 Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30309

The Ghost Of Mrs. Rhodes is claimed to Haunt Rhodes Hall. Built in 1904 by Amos Rhodes, the founder of Rhodes Furniture. Also several sightings of children have been reported running and laughing in the hallways. A darker presents are known to roam the basement, know as the “Shadow Man”. Rhodes Hall is a beautiful place, entertained by many weddings and events. For more information on Rhodes Hall visit website www.georgiatrust.org/historic_sites/rhodeshall

 

 

14111538572_d8783b074c_b

Pope-Walton House – Anthony’s Fine Dining
3109 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305

Construction started in 1797 by Wiley Wood Pope, the antebellum home was completed in 1891. In 1964, Mr. Dayton Smith, an engineer and restaurateur who took three years to moved the house 117 miles to where it is now. Today it is now Anthony’s Fine Dining; a closed restaurant in east Atlanta. It’s rumored to be haunted by Annie Barnett, who was married there in 1882, as well as children singing.

 

 

stone-mountain

Village Inn Bed and Breakfast
992 Ridge Ave. Stone Mountain, GA 30083

Was once a Civil War hospital in the 1830s, now a closed down B&B. Many people have witnessed a ghost of an African-America man singing. Slamming of doors and glimpses of shadows in the windows.

 

 

home

Warren House
102 West Mimosa Drive Jonesboro, GA

Built in 1840 by Guy L. Warren, The Warren house was used as a field hospital and headquarters by the Confederate troops. The front lawn was the scene of the historic Battle of Jonesboro, which eventually led to the end of the Civil War. Sheriff Adamson began repairs on the home in 1936. Signatures of convalescing Union Soldiers still appear on the walls of the downstairs parlor. A ghost of a soldier still remains inside the Warren House and would stand by the windows at night. Voices are heard through out the house during the night as well. The Warren House today is used as a venue for events and weddings. For more information visit website warrenhouse.net